Thursday, May 18, 2006

Chocolate Stout Time

Brew Weekend Coming Up! I'm putting down a Lindt Chocolate Stout based on the following couple of recipes. I'll decide on the day how I'll finalise it all.


PoMo's Chocolate Wheaton Stout".

Mini mash:
1Kg wheat malt (or however much I have left - for thick head and grain
character)
100g cara aroma (350EBC)
200g Caramunich III (for a toffee taste and creamy mouthfeel)
500g Pale Ale malt (just to use up old stock)

In the boil:
Mini Mash sweet wort (above)
500g of DME
15g Tettnanger (as it's all I have except for Saaz) 40 mins
At flame out I'll add 200g of dark compounded cooking chocolate.
Might add some (100g or so) brown sugar too.

In the fermenter:
Above plus 1.7Kg can of Coopers Stout.

I'm not going to be using the Coopers Stout, but I am only doing a partial mash. I'll be using Irish Ale Yeast (WPL004). Aroung 100 to 150g of Lindt Dark Dark Chocolate will be thrown in about 15 minutes from flame out as well.

I'll be bottling this bastard, as I want it for the cold winter nights so I dont have to go outside to the tap.

1 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Miss Wired said...

A brewer, eh?

The last brew I did was about 4 years ago and was a stout that ended up having a hint of Vegemite to it. Just lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home